When you join the GMC you’ll be helping to protect patients and improving medical practice across the UK.
We work in lots of different ways, from providing ethical guidance on best practice, to supporting a patient when raising a concern. We also collect evidence from other organisations such as medical schools and bring together our findings to help improve healthcare policy.
We’re always looking for talented and passionate people. We hope you see something that excites you.
Benefits of working with us
Some of our main benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing one day each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Option to buy and sell annual leave
- Flexible working options
- Generous pension scheme – defined contribution scheme where members receive a 15% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health screens and private medical insurance
- Confidential counselling service for staff and their immediate family
- Interest free season ticket loans
- GMC discounts on travel, eating out, electrical goods and insurance
We want to make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career. Here are some of the ways we’ll support you:
Personal development plan
You’ve been asked to manage a project but you’ve never had any formal project management training. This is where your personal development plan comes in. You’re line manager will get to know you and your development needs. You’ll build skills which will help you in your role and your future career.
Feedback for Success
Our online development tool gathers feedback from a number of people you work with, such as your direct reports, line manager and colleagues. It’s a good opportunity to reflect on how you’re seen by others and how you see yourself.
Learning and development
You’ll keep learning and growing in your role. We offer courses, workshops and online learning on everything from management to wellbeing.
Shadowing and mentoring opportunities
You’ll get the chance to be a part of different teams and develop new skills. Shadowing and mentoring is a great way of developing your relationships with others across the organisation.
You can learn new skills and develop your career by working in another GMC team for a fixed period. This can be useful if you’re curious about changing role within the GMC.
We want to keep great people in our organisation, so there’s plenty of opportunity to progress.
Career development loan
If you’d like to take a course to develop your skills or even change career direction whilst you’re with us, we can support you.
We believe in looking after others, and ourselves. Our wellbeing initiative supports staff across four keys areas:
We offer a discounted annual gym membership and regular health screens. The screen comprises a number of medical tests (all optional) carried out by qualified nurses and medical practitioners. Our staff sports team’s also offer plenty of opportunities to make friends and keep fit.
It's reassuring to know you've got someone to talk to when things don't run as smoothly as you'd like. Here are some of the ways we can support you:
- Wellbeing champions - our staff wellbeing champions promote a healthy working environment. They can offer resources and tools to support you in all aspects of life including lifestyle, career, health, resilience and savings. You’ll also find helpful resources relating to these topics on the GMC intranet.
- Workshops - for more in-depth learning, we regularly run workshops on issues including resilience, assertiveness and challenging interactions.
- We offer an independent and confidential counselling service for staff and their immediate family members.
Our five UK offices are centrally located with excellent transport links and a modern feel. We hot-desk, which allows staff to go paperless and work in different parts of the building as well as at home. Here are some other things we think you’ll enjoy about the space:
- Accessibility - level flooring, good lighting and accessible toilets.
- Comfortable meeting pods with screen access
- Bike storage with showers and lockers
- Kitchen areas with fridges, microwaves and crockery
- Free tea and coffee
- Fruit, vending machines and a shop with healthy options.
- Flexible working - We can provide some flexibility around how many hours you work each week, the times you are required to work, and your place of work. For example, a work from home day is available for most roles.
Services and policies
We have a number of services and policies in place to support you personally and professionally. If you’d like more details about our employment policies please contact our HR team.